Internet Security Measures
We in Affin Banking Group will use our best efforts to ensure that all Corporate Internet Banking (affinOnline.com) transactions performed by you through our website are secure and safe. For this purpose, we have put in place privacy protection control systems designed to ensure that security and confidentiality should not be compromised.
User Id, Company Id and Password
To control access to our Corporate Internet Banking (affinOnline.com), every Customer is required to input their User ID, Company ID and Password. This User ID, Company ID and Password is the access key to your financial information. To ensure the integrity of your password, you are advised to do the following:-
- When choosing a password, do not choose one that can be easily guessed by other person(s). For this purpose try to stay away from personal information such as your name, birth date, telephone number or words or names listed in a standard dictionary.
- Memorise your password and do not write it down.
- The password should never be revealed nor made accessible to anyone. It should not be disclosed even when requested to do so by an authorized officer of Affin Banking Group.
- For your further protection, you are encouraged to change your password from time to time. Your password can be changed via the Corporate Internet Banking (affinOnline.com) services.
Although, we exercise reasonable efforts to provide a safe and secure Corporate Internet Banking (affinOnline.com), we do not have control over the computer you use to access the Corporate Internet Banking (affinOnline.com). Therefore, on your part, please be advised of the following:
- Please ensure that you do not provide any opportunities for anyone to gain access to your information through your computer. As an added security we have incorporated a feature in our Corporate Internet Banking (affinOnline.com) to automatically log you out of the service at your computer when there is no activity detected for a period of time. In addition, concurrent logon under the same User Id will not be allowed.
- Please satisfy yourself that the equipment you are using will not allow eavesdropping or recording of your activities and that you have the necessary anti-spyware installed.
- Please ensure that you are always logged in to the correct URL (www.affinOnline.com)
- Always log off before visiting other Internet sites or once you have finished conducting your transactions.
- Always ensure that you have the necessary and appropriate security software and firewall installed at your computer, in particular if you are using a wireless internet connection
- Please do not send information about your account via e-mail or respond to any e-mail or SMS requesting for your password.
You should also not use or attempt to:
- use the affinOnline.com Corporate for any purpose other than that for which it was intended
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the affinOnline.com Corporate or any systems or software operated by or on behalf of Affin Banking Group or assist or permit anyone to do so
Data Confidentiality and Data Integrity
To ensure data confidentiality and integrity, all information transmitted over the Internet is encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer secured 128-bit.
System Security and Monitoring
To provide a secured environment for Corporate Internet Banking (affinOnline.com), Affin Banking Group adopts a combination of system security and monitoring measures:
- Firewall systems, strong data encryption, anti-virus protection and round the clock security surveillance systems to detect and prevent any form of illegitimate activities on our network systems.
- Regular security reviews are conducted on our systems by our internal System Audit as well as external security experts.
- Collaboration with major vendors/manufacturers to keep abreast of information security technology developments and implement where relevant.